I need a backboard, don’t I? Where do I find one?
For today’s post, if you’re trying to put together Heritage Fair projects in your class and want backboards, but don’t have them, don’t despair. They’re easy to find and there’s different options whether a parent is buying for one child, or a teacher is buying for an entire class.
- Staples is the obvious choice. They have good, solid, full size presentation boards, but they’re not cheap.
- Walmart carries a variety of sizes of presentation boards at a slightly lower price point.
- Amazon has a few models of presentation boards that might be worth a look.
- In a somewhat smaller size, with a significantly lower price, Dollarama often has good, sturdy presentation boards. Sometimes they also have foam boards and cardboard stands to hold them.
- Probably the cheapest source of presentation boards is at Instabox Winnipeg at 236 Lowson Cres. They don’t always have boards in stock, so call in advance at 204-488-3064. As well, they handle quantity orders. You don’t buy just one or two boards here.