Red River Heritage Fair Art Gallery
For students in Grade 4 to Grade 11
2016 was the first year that the Red River Heritage Fair Art Gallery had entries included in our judging process. There were a total of 10 entries and two prizes were awarded.
This award will continue for 2020 with Artists’ emporium providing a prize
Do you have students that are Artists? Would they excel in a category that required minimal research with a piece of Canadian-themed art as their main focus? If so, when you are thinking of your art curriculum this year, please keep the Heritage Fair in mind, so we can continue to expand this creative area.
- Can be a reproduction of a Canadian artist’s picture/piece of art
- Can be in the artistic style of a Canadian artist
- Can be an original creation
- Must have a history or historic theme
- Minimum size 39 x 45 mm – (14” x 16”) Maximum size 60 x 60 mm (24” x 24”)
- Must include an Artist Statement: A write-up of why the art work was created, with background about the art piece, a historical note to connect it to Canada and a bio of the student artist.
**Art Medium suggestions: paint, pencil crayon, pastel, crayons or markers
For more information contact us at [email protected]